Sunday, January 12, 2014

Two Kinds of Cooks

I've determined that there are two kinds of cooks. One is the go-getter and the other is the user-upper. Mr. Daisy Mae is the go-getter. He prefers to carefully decide what he wants to make, and then he goes to get whatever the ingredients are that we don't have on hand.
I, on the other hand, am the user-upper. I dislike trips to the grocery store so I'll avoid those trips until necessary. I decide what to cook by looking through the refrigerator, searching the pantry, and researching substitutes.
Guess what? I'm cooking tonight. We have boneless chicken breasts and plenty of fresh tomatoes. Hmmm. What to make? Since I'm kind of burned out on cooking after the holidays, I want something quick. I scan through my Pinterest recipe board and a pasta dish with lots of tomatoes catches my eye. Click, click. Inspiration. I'm making Tomato Basil Chicken from Menu Musings of a Modern American Mom.  If you're looking for a 30-minute meal with ingredients you have on hand, Tomato Basil Chicken may be your go-to dish for tonight. Go-getters, enjoy. Tomorrow night is your turn to cook.



No comments:

Post a Comment