Tuesday, December 1, 2009

10% Tuesdays


Today is the first of our 10% Tuesdays. Maybe I'm just in the "giving" spirit around the holidays, but I thought it would be good to designate each Tuesday in December as a day we will donate a portion of our sales to a local charitable cause. I think the presence of the red kettles outside the Kroger store reminded me that it's time to put my idea in motion.
Today, like every December 1 since 1988, is designated as World Aids Day. To call attention to the reality of HIV and AIDS, and to contribute our small portion to the fight against AIDS, Daisy Mae's will give 10% of today's sales to Cincinnati's STOP AIDS organization. This local group fights HIV/AIDS through education, services, and compassionate care one person at a time.
Maybe by our tiny bit of marketing, others will recognize a need and choose to donate, and a cure for AIDS will come closer to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment